As baseball fans prepare for the annual MLB All-Star game going down this Tuesday (July 13), many will have a helpful housekeeper to thank for thwarting a possible mass shooting after she discovered a hefty load of firearms in a Denver hotel room just a few blocks from Coors Field.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK. FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & TWITTER. SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE.
The maid, who we’d say definitely deserves a raise, found the artillery last week while on her shift cleaning The Maven Hotel at Dairy Block. ABC 7 Denver says a “Las Vegas-style shooting” was feared by police when the total of ammunition rounds that housekeeping found totaled at more than 1,000. The weapons discovered proved to be just as menacing, which included 16 long guns and body armor. The room, located on the 8th floor with a balcony, is said to have a clear view of downtown Denver.
Take a look at the names of the perps who were arrested so they can be put on full blast, via ABC 7 Denver:
In total, three men and one woman were arrested Friday night, along with two vehicles which were also impounded to be processed for possible evidence.
- Richard Platt, 42, for investigation of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute (two counts), and a warrant from another jurisdiction.
- Gabriel Rodriguez, 48, for investigation of possession of a weapon by a previous offender, possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
- Ricardo Rodriguez, 44, for investigation of possession of a weapon by a previous offender.
- Kanoelehua Serikawa, 43, for investigation of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and a warrant from another jurisdiction.
STAY INFORMED! CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!
The original report also states that one suspect even posted a message on Facebook where he said he was planning to “go out in a big way” following a recent divorce.
While authorities have made it clear that so far there’s no reason to connect these events to the MLB All-Star Game, it’s very hard not to assume the worst. The Denver area has seen an unfortunate history of mass shootings, ranging from Columbine to the 2012 shooting massacre in Aurora during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises, so we’re just glad this wasn’t yet another tragic event. Now, let’s play ball!
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- Trump’s Arrest Seems Imminent As Criminal Indictment For Hush Money To Porn Star Looms
- ‘The Wire’ Actor Lance Reddick Has Died, Age 60
- White House Shares Response On Shanquella Robinson Case
HEAD TO THE BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM HOMEPAGE
Potential MLB All-Star Game Mass Shooting Avoided After Maid Spots Hotel Room Filled With Guns was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
Top 10 Most Notorious Prisons In The U.S.
Top 10 Richest Gangsters Of All Time
Woman Locked And Tortured In Philly Basement For 10 Years Sues City
Why Are The Police Called "12"
Dad Furious After Teen Daughter's Sex Tape Goes Viral
The Top 5 Most Corrupt U.S. Police Officers Of All-Time
Famous Members Of Alpha Phi Alpha
Famous Members Of Phi Beta Sigma